The guitar is indeed very popular and liked by many people, both young and old. This musical instrument can produce a variety of popular music which of course is familiar to our ears.
For music lovers, of course, they already understand that the guitar is capable of producing various genres of music, ranging from dangdut, pop, jazz, rock, indie, metal, and others.
The guitar is not only a tool to entertain, but also gives a cool impression to the player. Just look at musicians holding guitars when they are at a concert, they look so cool and charming, don’t they? Not only musicians, ordinary people when they can play the guitar will look very cool.
Seeing this, it is not surprising that people are competing to know how to play the guitar. Many also want to play guitar as well as Jimmy Hendrix so that his shrewdness when playing guitar is recognized by many people.
For those who are passionate about music and have a strong desire to be able to play the guitar, sometimes they dare to spend a lot of money.
Learn How to Play Guitar
Now for those of you who are beginners and want to be able to play a guitar, you don’t have to worry about some of the following ways to play the guitar which are quite easy to follow. It doesn’t take you long to get good at playing the guitar. Of course, this is balanced with regular practice.
How to play guitar properly? Here are our reviews from various sources
1. Learn basic keys.
Before you learn to strum the guitar, you first need to know the basic keys to playing the guitar. Usually the guitar has 6 strings, starting from the string that has the lowest part to the very top itself.
In addition, there are two types of guitars that are often played by many people, namely electric and acoustic guitars. Although both have almost the same tone, there are differences between the two types of guitar, one of which is the tuning.
Here are the basic keys you need to know:
– String 1 produces an E ‘tone
– String 2 produces a B . tone
– 3rd string produces a G . tone
– 3rd string produces a G . tone
– 4th string produces a D . note
– 5th string produces an A
– 6th string produces an E . note
2. Determine the position of the guitar that fits and is comfortable.
After getting to know the basic chords, you also need to know how to hold and play the guitar playing the guitar in the correct position. First, position the guitar where you feel comfortable holding it. As a beginner, you can hold the guitar, bring the guitar body close to your chest and stomach.
Make sure you choose a comfortable guitar position. The reason is, if you are not comfortable with a sitting position, it can make you not focus when learning how to play the guitar.
Steps to determine a comfortable position as brilio.net reports from liputan6.com, Monday (4/11):
– Sit in a chair comfortably. Straighten your back and shoulders.
– Bring the guitar body to the stomach and chest. Then hold the neck of the guitar with your left hand in a V shape—thumb on the back and the remaining 4 fingers in front.
– Hold the guitar body with the help of your right foot. Then, try pressing the strings naturally, starting from slow to fast to practice balance.
– Try to hold this guitar position every 5 minutes to get used to and balance yourself. At first, your back and shoulders may feel sore. But over time you will get used to it.
3. Learn how to tune or tune guitar strings.
When you’ve got a comfortable position, the next step is to tune the guitar strings. Because if you don’t tune it, the strings usually don’t make a melodious sound. You need to learn tuning so that the guitar can produce a melodious strumming sound.
Learning how to tune guitar strings is important because it can get your ears used to hearing the right notes.
How to tune guitar strings:
– Know the names of the strings. From top (thickest) to bottom (thinnest) the order is E, A, D, G, B, and E’.
– Adjust the tuner (the spin on the guitar head) according to your needs. If you want a high note, tighten your guitar strings. But if you want a low note, turn the tuner until the strings loosen just the right way.
4. Learn to strum the guitar.
You need to learn to strum the guitar so that the notes you play can sound beautiful and melodious. At this stage you need to use your 5 fingers.
Place your thumb on the top string to strum the 6, 5, or 4 bass string. Then use your index finger for 3rd string, your middle finger on 2nd, and your ring finger for 1st string. Do it slowly until you can pick it well. .
Each guitar chord has its own way and produces a different tone. When you play the chord of A, then you only need to press the bottom of the A-D-G-B-E string. Of course, for the key of A, AM or B, the part of the string that is pressed is different.
5. Train hand muscle memory.
When you first try to play the guitar, your fingers will feel very sore and hard on each fingertip. But it doesn’t matter, keep practicing, over time you will get used to it.
When playing guitar, make sure you concentrate on each chord and key. This is done so that you can memorize each key and focus on the resulting note.
6. Start by playing one song in an easy key.
So that you don’t get bored in practicing, then choose a song with a very easy key or use a basic key. If you have mastered one song, then for the next stage it will be easy to understand playing guitar.
7. Learn melodies.
Learning melodies is not an easy matter, this stage can be said to be very difficult. Reported by brilio.net from liputan6, at this stage you start learning melodies and reading notes.
Here are 3 steps you can take when learning melodies:
– Find out guitar melodies by reading tabs. Tabulation is the process of placing data in the form of a table containing notes to make it easier for you to learn melodies.
– Understand scales. This is a way to find the melody in a song. If you already understand the scale, you will easily guess the melody in the song. The most common and easy to understand scale is the pentatonic scale.
– If you already know tabulations and scales, the last step on how to play guitar for beginners is learning to improvise. This method requires good feeling, hearing, and a strong instinct in determining the tone. You can practice by listening to a song, then composing notes that fit the grooves in a single melody.
This stage is indeed more complicated than the previous step. The most important process in learning melody is feeling, skill, and improvisation in connecting note by note. So that way, you can create a beautiful harmony.
8. Practice regularly
Once you know everything well, the next step is to diligently practice. This method is quite important because if you don’t continue to hone it, then your ability to play the guitar will not develop, you may forget what you have learned before.